Sweet Potato and Tuna Pie
1 kilo sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
1 large head Broccoli, cut into florets
3 medium carrots, sliced into rounds
1 large brown onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
aprox 150ml wine, red or white (optional)
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar
1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
1 teaspoon dried oregano or tablespoon of fresh
425g can Serena Tuna in oil, drained
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup milk, aprox.
1 cup grated cheese
½ cup pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 180c
· Cook sweet potatoes in enough water to cover and leave to simmer until tender.
· In separate saucepan, or in steamer on top of potatoes, par cook carrots and broccoli together. Should still be quite firm. Drain.
· Meanwhile, gently cook onion and garlic in enough olive oil to cover base of frying pan until soft.
· Add wine if using and simmer for a couple of minutes.
· Add tomatoes, salt, sugar, chilli and oregano. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
· Break up tuna with a fork and add to sauce.
· Drain sweet potatoes, add butter and milk and mash until smooth.
· Place tuna sauce in base of a baking dish and cover with broccoli and carrots.
· Spoon over mash and smooth over with a fork.
· Top with grated cheese and pumpkin seeds.
*Dairy free option: Replace butter in mash with olive or coconut oil and omit milk and cheese. Still delicious!